Monday, June 9, 2014

Lagos Speaker Seeks Nomination For Guber Election



The Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Adeyemi Ikuforiji has informed members of staff of his intention to seek the nomination of his party, All Progressives Congress (APC), for the election of governor of Lagos State in 2015.
Ikuforiji, while addressing a meeting of the staff of the Assembly at the weekend, declared that he had consulted with God, and that He has asked him to move on in his bid to be the next governor of the state.
The Speaker said he had also consulted widely with stakeholders in the polity, opinion leaders and his colleagues in the Lagos State House of Assembly.
‘‘I have called on God concerning my ambition and He has given me the approval to go ahead, “he declared.
Ikuforiji asserted that he had succeeded in establishing a virile legislative house, promising to build a state where people will be happy.
“I have not come here to formally declare my ambition to be governor of Lagos State, what I am doing this to inform you of my intention. When the time comes, I will do so and the whole of Lagos will know I do so,” he clarified.
While commending the management and entire staff of the assembly for their professionalism and sense of duty, the Speaker expressed his appreciation for their efforts; and by standing with him to develop the legislature in the state. He also charged them to strive more in the bid to make Lagos Legislature an excellent example in the world.
DAILY TIMES

No comments:

Post a Comment